Saturday, July 18, 2015

First day of living the dream:)

Crazy tired. First day on the trail was the definition of perfect. 80deg, slight wind. My pack is too heavy. Will send some things back home maybe. Also, 5 days was too much food.
I am in the little tarp tent now. I huge thunder storm has come to bid us all good night.
I wanted this to be insightful. Some inspirational prose to capture the first day on the trail. Interestingly, the time flew by. One moment I was saying good bye to my father on the side of the road, 7 fast hours later, boom. It was night time. Had to make dinner & set the sleeping arrangements.

I am meeting some of the faster north bounders. These people are flying up the trail. They are moving so fast 20-30mi / day. I was grateful to have completed my 10mi.

I don't know what I am doing out here. I just wanted some time off work. I don't fit in with anyone I have met yet. Tomorrow might be my first day hiking in the rain. Very exciting. Georgia feels impossibly far away at the moment. How am I going to complete the hike in December? I know that other people do it. But can I? Am I smart enough? Strong enough? Have the mental fortitude? God willing I'll get some sleep tonight. The sound of rain and thunder make for a fantastic lullaby.




No comments:

Post a Comment