Monday, July 20, 2015

Don't eat next to your tent.

Been hanging out with a hiker called Winston. She has been showing me the ropes on what it takes to be a thru hiker. From how to hang a bear bag to reducing my pack weight and etiquette and protocols, She's been very kind to me and answering all my questions.
I feel like I am being nuisance, but every tip she gives me is rock solid and increases my chances out here.

This morning my back went out. Snap. Just like that. Had to spend 3 hours resting at the shelter in the morning, Just as well to be honest. I was pretty dehydrated yesterday. So I spent the morning resting. Then caught up with Winston in the afternoon were we climbed down some crazy "stairs". It was hard but rewarding. The past two days have been 90deg +. I really wanted to go further today, but remembered that I must take it easy still.

My evening routine go jacked up be some weekend kids who made a big mess and I had to move my tent. Don't even give two shits. I am happy to have spent all day in the glorious woods. Am exhausted now. I did not eat enough today. Too many people on the trail. Rest now. Tomorrow will be another day.








No comments:

Post a Comment