Monday, July 27, 2015

There were no bears.

6:46pm @ the Shaker Campsite
mi 1538

Been walking with my Belgium friend again today. I think both of us would prefer to go solo, but we walk at the exact same pace! Also, she is good company. She is tough as nails. Nothing scares her. She is a traveler if there ever was one.

For me, the pain in my hips is all but gone. BUT. It was replaced by knee pain......which more or less went away, but has now been replaced with heel pain. Tomorrow I will take more breaks. Today I stopped only once and hour...or less I guess.

What is more exciting is that I am learning to walk fast. Not that I want to, but it is a skill that will help get between the 15 mile shelter gaps.

We had lunch at the MNT Wilcox shelter. There was a sign saying 'bear at shelter' and 'no water'. But climbing the .3mi down the hill we were treated to a lunch time paradise! Picnic table, sun to dry our socks and shoes. No mosquitoes!! And a perfect little stream to get water and have a trail shower (sponge bath). We felt amazing when returning to the trail.

Tomorrow is the famous Upper Goose Pond shelter where there is swimming and canoes!

All my evening chores are complete: Water, eat dinner, am in my tent now writing this before heading to dream land. 7pm. Nothing to do but sleep and then do it all again! Pretty great out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment