Thursday, July 23, 2015

Kent aka "The Sage"

Salisbury CT

Completed the first 50 miles of the trip. Am currently resting at a hiker boarding house. Maria McCabe $35 / night. By chance even got my own room.

Stayed at a shelter last night. If you ever find yourself with a choice, never stay a one with "swamp" in the title.
Originally I wanted to araive here tomorrow, but I hoofed ht the extra 4 or 5 miles to town. Bad idea in retrospect. My knees and hips were sore by the evening. I'll pay for it tomorrow.....where I am taking a zero here in town. To rest my new hiking legs. Going to mail some things home also. Hope to drop a few pounds from the pack.

Tomorrow:
Kent, Maria's frind had some great hiking advice:
"Don't give any attention to how the others are hiking.
Hike till you want to rest.
Rest till you want to hike."

Pretty great huh?!
Wish I had stopped to speak with the positive old lady this afternoon.

















No comments:

Post a Comment