Monday, October 5, 2015

Don't rush it.

6:45pm @ Antler's Campsite
mi 51.8


Met Dawn, the previous owner of Shaw's at Jo-Mary RD today. Overly hansom John & I were there to receive our food drops. After packing that huge box of food into my bag I felt like the king of the world again. I'd finished my last energy bar when they showed up. But, now my back is too heavy to go fast, so only 13 mi for me tomorrow. Maybe more the next day

This camp site is awesome. Watched the sun set on side of the lake. Will watch the sun rise from my tent on the other side in the morning. Also, Shaws brought me a new pair of super warm thick socks! I'd asked them via text from the top of White Cap. They actually put them in my food box! The socks are super warm & toasty. No more sleeping with cold feet for me!

Speaking of sleep. It's nearly dark and time for bed. Wonder why there are not more campers here? Seems too lovely a spot to pass up!?

The thru-hikers have the Katahdin Fever. I'm taking the advice of a NOBO who flip flopped (Cindy Lopper). She told me to take my time & enjoy the 100mi. She wished she had. Thanks Loppers for the great advice!




No comments:

Post a Comment