Saturday, October 31, 2015

Hit the road jack.

Halloween!
6:20pm @ Morgan Stewart Shelter
mi 751.4

Was sad to leave Bay Ridge today. My father took me out for sushi last night (my favorite!) and drove me to the trail bright & early today. He as been a rockstar of support. Can't thank him enough.

Today on the trail is what I've been looking forward to all along. Fall in the maple & oak forests. It's maybe 1 week past prime colors and the leaves are falling.

The trail is slightly hard to walk on because the leaves are hiding the roots & rocks from view. The acorns roll under feet like marbles on a hard wood floor.

The sun sets so early now.

Had dinner with a couple out for the weekend. I made us all a nice fire at the shelter. It is unseasonably warm right now. 60 degrees today. with 70s predicted later in the week. Tonight will drop down to around 40 degrees. Not too cold. I remember the warm summer nights, resting without a sleeping bag:)

I think I'm going to stick to my original plan & pop off the trail Nov.15th, no matter where I am.

So, two more weeks on the trail. That feels manageable. 3 weeks was going to be a logistical nightmare getting back to Canada by the 23rd.

Smokey fire gave me the sniffles.

Gosh. Compared to Maine, it is sooo warm tonight! What a gift.









No comments:

Post a Comment