Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Adventure time!

7:10pm @ "campsite"
mi 879.1

After yesterday's odyssey, I was hot to try my new night hiking toy/skill. On my own this time. Split off from Bionic after lunch and ran off into the wild.

Today was / is overcast & light shoers on and off. So that meant the night hike would be in the rain (exciting!) and I would need to pitch my tarptent in the dark when the storm was supposed to climax:)

I figured, I wanted to try and have some fun this last week.

I placed a cairn and an arrow on the trail in hope to catch Bionic once more before we separated. She found my tent some time in the night and stopped by to say hello. That was really fun. That woman is amazing. She is going to hike at least two more hours tonight (in the insane fog) and hammock some place. Bonic is the one who taught me how to night hike!

The last leg of my pilgrimage is turning out to be the hike I always hoped for. Walking with out any serious pain. Meeting incredible peoples. Being strong and confident. Adventures everyday.

I am happy this trip is starting to end on a high note!

Thanks AT for healing my body and spirit. Just what the doctor ordered.




























No comments:

Post a Comment