Saturday, November 7, 2015

Meetup.

5:13pm @ Wawayanda Shelter
mi 827.5

Stayed at Anton's On the Lake last night. Mostly I needed a shower and to do Laundry. Greenlake is a cool town though. Would be cool to spend a weekend chilling there!

OMG. The detergent they used at the Inn. I smell like an old lady. A very fragrant old lady. Or in other terms: Bear Food.

The hike today was nice. The hills with barren trees are the color of Burn Sienna. Really beautiful in the sad fall breeze way.

I spoke with my father today. Let him know that my last three weeks out here will be cut down to 2. I want to spend the last week of my sabbatical with him and Grandma.

Hiking is fun. And now, combining the NYC rest with this much easier terrain of NY, the trail has been a dream. I could easily do 15+ mile days if only there was more light!

But the trail is not going anywhere.

There is an oddball set of section hikers here on the trail with me today. They caught me off guard. All their gear is solid. Like a thru hiker. Light. Specific. Perfect. But there are only out for the weekend?! "Who are there people?!" I thought.
Apparently, as I learned tonight at the shelter we are sleeping at, they are a meetup group called Harry's Happy Hikers. They are a solid group of seasoned hikers! Really cool group! Makes me think about hooking up with Montreal Long Distance Hiking group that just started up.
One older lady (4' chinese woman) says she hikes literally every weekend! Intense right?
Hope I am that cool at her age.
















No comments:

Post a Comment