Thursday, August 20, 2015

A blanket of stars.

7pm @ the Trapper John Shelter

Last night I cowboy camped under a blanket of stars atop Moose Mountain. One of the greatest nights of my life.

Two days hiking alone. Loving the ability to go at my own pace again. No anxiety.

Yesterday afternoon I discovered that changing my posture and wearing my pack differently reduced the knee pain by about 80->90%. Huge confidence boost. Feel their might be room for them to possibly start healing.....but I am still taking it very easy.

Everybody is talking only of the Whites now.

A seasoned hiker convinced us shelter people to hang our bear bags. After going through the trouble....the thought occurred to me.....she was probably fucking with us.
Oh well. I discovered a new technique for hanging tonight, so it was a net win overall.

Was hoping for an early start tomorrow....we will see how it goes.








No comments:

Post a Comment