Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Chipping away at it.

@ the Eliza Brook Shelter

So many things can happen in a few days! Stayed at the insane Hiker's Welcome Hostel after Moose MTN. Watched 3 movies, got a ride 30mi & back forth to a fancy grocery store from the most interesting woman in the world. She was like the old lady flashback montage from Titanic. Then I hiked over Mnt.Moosilauke. My first of the white mountains! Very exciting.

Stayed in a shelter last night with two great folks. Deja & the devilishly hansom (and charming) Saint. He had great eyes.
Then I successfully made it down the mountain without causing more damage to my knees. That was a big deal! Then I climbed all over Kingsman Notch in the pouring rain. Cleared up in the afternoon so we could get to the shelter and eat in peace.

Today was my hardest day on the trail physically. I really want to go further & faster. I will not though. My knees are making steady (if not extremely slow) progress, and I must respect how much more time it will take to undo the damage I did.

Also, hiking in the rain is bananas.













No comments:

Post a Comment