Thursday, August 6, 2015

Gonna sleep this one off.

8pm (hiker midnight) @ the William B. Douglas Shelter
mi 543.9

Walked 17+ mil yesterday. Got to see the view from the Stratton Fire Tower (at Stratton Peak). Had fun chatting with some NOBOs. Two girls who walked from Georgia and submitted to being in the woods.

Lost my friend Samera today. I can't remember if we agreed to stay at this shelter (what I thought), or maybe the next? Easy come, easy go. I was happy to stop here and rest today. Too tired for deep thoughts and opinions.

I do think I'll go back to hiking solo. It is a lot of work hiking with a partner.

Guess the girl was pushing me harder that I wanted to go. Hiking my own hike is important for avoiding injury.

So tired.

Sleeping 10+ hours tonight. Consequences be damned.














No comments:

Post a Comment