Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Being outside.

6:50pm @ Melville Nauheim Shelter
576.6 mi

Loads of folks at the shelter tonight. Think I'll start camping. Hitched into town today for the first time ever. Samera flagged down the ride into Bennington. I snagged a super nice guy who drove us back to the trail head.

End of day it is so hard to write. It is interesting. While hiking the world is a dream. Everything is perfect. In the evening all my insecurities come out:
I have too much food.
I carry to much water.
That guy is stronger.
These girls are amazing, the are more positive, stronger and faster a setting up / taking down camp.

But god I love being out here. Sleeping outside, waking up in the woods....it's so natural for me, for my body. Each day the forest has new smells. New trees. Forbidden swamps. Nameless springs. Even the rail is incredible. All the animals. The beautiful silence , like the woods stop for a moment of prayer.

I want my legs to get stronger. I want my pack to get lighter.

I think I am going to try a hammock. Going to check them out online when taking a zero in the next town.









No comments:

Post a Comment