Sunday, August 30, 2015

17 miles to salvation!

7:30am @ Zeland Falls Hut (work for stay)

Feeling exhausted & insecure today. Mt.Washington is 45deg at the top. 45 mph winds. Rain expected. I.....don't know if I can handle it.
Do I have the right cloths?! Can I bring enough food? Will my knees hold up?
The exhaustion level is high right now also. They kept us up late for the work for stay. I was tooo tired to eat much. Woke up hungry during the night. Pretty dehydrated now too.
Not looking forward to heading into town for food today. Frustrating. As icing on the cake, besides the hemorrhoids(did I mention I got hemorrhoids?), I woke with an ingrown hair & a very fat lip which is very becoming.
Just wanted to complain. There is another thru hiker here who is strong & confident which makes me feel embarrassed. Why can't I be strong and confident?!?
I am waiting for the guests to finish breakfast so we can eat and sweep the hut.

10:30am.
Damned hut.
Only got like 4 hours sleep. Breakfast (pancakes & eggs) must have been made with milk. I feel terrible. Gonna sit here on this rock till I feel better.

Ugg!


1-4pm. 7mile road walk to a $$$ inconvenience store. NH Why would no one pick me up?!


6:30pm
Sitting on a cliff overlooking the Crawford Notch. Eating dinner while the sun sets over the facing mountain. A perfect breeze pulls the remaining sweat from my body after the climb. I have a perfect stealth campsite. Clear weather predicted for the Mt.Washington accent.
This is hands down the nicest evening on the trail to date.
It is so nice right at this moment. The troubles of the day are not not to be mentioned lest the moment be ruined.

Good end of day!







No comments:

Post a Comment