Saturday, August 22, 2015

Healing slowly.

7:22pm
Stealth camping at the view on Mist Mountain.
mile 400.9

Had dinner with a view. First time stealth camping. Am simply too tired to go the last 3+ miles to the hostel. Will get up early & hit it.

Hung my bear bag in record time today. 12min from thought to back at my tent. Good hang too, Nice and far away from my camp. Maybe 200ft.

My knees hurt a little by the end of today, but overall these past 4 days have been a resounding success. With my fixed posture (which resolved 90% of the pain), combined with simply walking slower/carefully has worked out great. I scaled and descended two mountains already in the last 4 days. Countless smaller ones. I'm considering taking a nearo tomorrow be attempting Mount Moooselake. My knees hurt so bad before I worried it would send me off the trail.

This slow but constant recovery has been a massive confidence boost. It is a god send to walk with out pain.















No comments:

Post a Comment