Wednesday, August 12, 2015

If necessary, I'll walk 1mph.

7:pm @ the Governor Clement Shelter
mi 498

9.0miles today. My knees are hurting pretty bad these past few days. Pushed my body past it's limits and am now paying the price. Good news is that they only hurt when going down hill and I can hike w/o pain if I simply go very slowly.

Carbs(Samera got a trail name) & I figured out a pretty great strategy today. It's what we did my mistake actually.

Long/big mile day, followed my a short mile day. I really like this place because I can walk 16 miles, even going at my extremely slow pace which is working great for my body.

There is so much pleasure in walking slow. Less risk of injury. Getting to take pictures. NO body pain. Literally every time there is pain, I simply stop for a min or two. Then the pain is gone. Also, it uses less energy walking slow! Which translates into needed less food and breaks!



















No comments:

Post a Comment