Sunday, August 2, 2015

Settle down.

8pm @ the Sherman Brook Campsite
Mile 595.0 (counting down which makes more sense)

Beautiful day. Lazy too. Samera and I only had to walk 10mi to reach our goal camp ground tonight.

We submitted Mt.Greylock by 9:45am, then missed breakfast at the lodge. They still had muffins and coffee. The weather could not have been nicer. The view was perfect. We wasted nearly two hours there, then headed down to Adams to hit up the price chopper for a small resupply and dinner / lunch at the all you can eat Chinese buffet. Pretty great.

Met a really cool (sobo) hiker heading into Adams who had such a great positive energy. He was cool. In 30sec he told us all the amazing things we needed to know about trail for the miles ahead.

Nice to be in the tent again. The shelter was crowed & fun last night, but this will be more restful.

Oh!! Did I mention I found a Sawyer Squeeze (water filter) in Dalton?! Been 2x days now using it. I LOVE that water filter! I slept with it that first night(so excited).

One last thing. I noticed that I am jealous of everybody out here. This guy has a better body, that girl is so fast, this guy is super tough & afraid of nothing. This other person is quiet & thoughtful, and that other one is loud, excited & the life of the camp.

For some reason I'm not able to simply be myself. There is a constant drive to please everyone and take on the best qualities of every person I meet. I hope this drama settles down in the next few weeks. I just want to be myself.








No comments:

Post a Comment