Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Going to go back there someday.

Wild few days.

Walked on the top of a mountain in 100ft visibility & 50mph winds to the Lake of the Clouds Hut. It is the last stop before summiting Mt.Washington.

Got there too early, so had to pay $10 to stay in the Dungeon. Intense and Fun.

Next morning (today), got over Mt.Washington with 100 MILE visibility. It was 35deg with 50mph winds in the morning, then by noon the winds died down and the temp climbed up to 90deg on the fully exposed ridge-line. It was intense but amazing!

On the way down, as the sun was setting I promised to come back here and summit these peaks on a clear day again.

Cook at the Madison Hut advised me & my friend South Pole to go a little past the campsite and pointed on the map some pretty stealth camp site (where I am now). Beautiful spot next to a river. Sun set over the mountains was perfect. Thanks cook!

Two interesting things:
I made a friend. A guy named South Pole. I really like the guy. He is quiet & listens to people. I get along really well with him. He reminded me that climbing on top of mountains in 60mph winds is "fun". And you know what? It was thanks to him.

The other thing.
A hansom man named Spooner gave me a trail name: Satori.
It is a word which describes a kind of enlightenment one finds in the woods.
I'll try it on. Mostly I was shocked he even remembered who I was. So pretty.

















No comments:

Post a Comment