Thursday, September 17, 2015

Rest.

9:40am

Sitting here in Rangely @ the Farmhouse Inn. Taking a double zero to rest my body & spirit a bit. After I finish my chores in town (mailing a food drop to Caratunk) and buying my sister a birthday present, I'll try and utilize some of the good vibes here to work through some of my demons. Better to do that when healthy, fed & strong than on the trail, hungry, hurt and tired.

I struggle with the idea of it, but maybe even travelers must rest from time to time. It is romantic to always be in motion. Being weary to the point of physical devastation is part of the journey....almost a destination itself.....but I think for me, carrying the pack is hard enough. Climbing mountains is hard enough. Not eating enough, being cold, wet & filthy is enough. Being physically hurt (knees & arms) is enough. I need to find the peace in allowing myself to rest.

I do not know. Maybe this is more of a pilgrimage than a thru-hike.








No comments:

Post a Comment