Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pilgrimage.

Stafford Notch Campsite
mi 177.8

Walked 10mi today with almost no knee pain today. I was also being extremely gentle with the little guys. Even at the end of the day when I usually rush to get to the shelter / campsite.

Met am incredible woman yesterday. Renbird. she was radiating happiness. Finishing up her AT hike after a 7 year break, she was headed southbound. We met just before the road to Stratton.

I liked her because of her journey. She had the air that makes a person comfortable being themselves.

She told me she hoped to see a moose. I told her I wanted to be outside and feel the seasons change with my body.

I had forgotten about that!

Renbird used the work pilgrimage. I smiled at that. Because of all the things I've believed the AT to be for me, that was one of them.

So I might actually be fine with my section hike. NY->ME. I might do a bit more in NY. But the idea of resting after my 750 miles is appealing.

My 2015 pilgrimage. The spiritual journey that was only supposed to be some time outside.

The campground (in the middle of nowhere) is quiet & peaceful.
Sleep is calling. I wish I could have given our encounter more justice. Renbird is a person I will remember for a long time to come.














No comments:

Post a Comment