Thursday, September 10, 2015

I'm not scurr'd...

7:10 pm @ Frye Notch Lean-To
mi 216.4

Have the shelter to myself tonight. Me and the mice anyway.

Baldplate Mt (east peak) scared the crap out of me. Not literally. Super scary climbing up this 400ft exposed rock face to the summit. 400' doesn't seem like much when mounting a 4k mountain, but, it's like climbing up a 20 story flat-faced pyramid....on top of a mountain.....in 45mph winds.

To be honest, while exciting, it wasn't the biggest thing on my mind. A slack packer told me I'll likely have a hard time getting a hitch into town tomorrow (8mi).

For some reason this got my panties in a bunch, and was my major concern all afternoon.
There I am, climbing a freaking mountain, surrounded by beauty & fear, and the biggest thought that kept crossing my mind..."will I have to road walk 8mi?! I am an idiot. Stupid Stupid Luigi."

Eventually I calmed down. Fuck it. Who cares if I get a hitch?! I can road walk that in about 3 hours. What is the big god damned deal?

Tomorrow night I am going to be sleeping in a bed! Very exciting!










No comments:

Post a Comment