Sunday, September 27, 2015

Glorious Solitude.

7:20pm @ Moxie Bald Mtn Lean-To
mi 132.4

There is a blood moon eclipse tonight. We think it start around 10:40pm. The moon rose over the lake as the sun set in the west. Very picturesque.

Two fast moving professionals came to the shelter as Walrus & I were talking. They are fast, charming, pretty and lite. The one guy will get through the 100mi wilderness in 4x days! I lost my slow moving zen and retreated to my tent.

The past two days have been great. Mountains are 'tiny' compared to what we have done already. Usually up and down in 3 hours or less. Lunches by lakes & streams. Dinner also.

I hung a bear bag, I am always the only one to do so, Am sleeping with my water filter now that it gets cold at night. Might start dropping below zero.

The wind is strong tonight. There are moose around. Hope I don't get squished by a tree.

Early start tomorrow?! Or take two days to Monson? Rain on Tuesday.....But it is 17.5 to Monson. I'm not sure  can hike that far in a day. But 8.9 to the next shelter isn't far enough either.....grrr. Oh well. Sleep now. Details tomorrow.















No comments:

Post a Comment