Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Camping on a lake beach.

7:30 pm @ Flaggstaff Lake Tentsite.
mi 171.5

Currently in my test writing after watching the sun set over Flasgstaff lake where I took my afternoon & dinner.

A fellow hiker Waldo, a 19 year old guy, came by in the evening.

This afternoon here at the lake has been one of my favorite days on the trail. The weather was perfect. There were views. The trail was easy. My knees didn't hurt, and I had some peace with my speed.
Come to thing of it, until Waldo came around, I had not seen another thru-hiker all day. Only 3 odd day hikers in the morning.

So I was alone most of the day. Ha. That explains why I felt so at ease.

The moon is so bright one could almost read by it. Love this camp site.

Going to try for a 15mi day tomorrow.




















No comments:

Post a Comment