Friday, September 18, 2015

Just keep swimming.

7:20pm @ Reddington Stream Campsite.
mi 212.4

Had two glorious days at the Farmhouse Lodge in Rangely. Stacy & Spence(?) made me feel so comfortable. Felt like being with my own family. I knew that I could finally get a good night sleep there and heal, both my body and spirit. I hope to go back there again next year. Must remember to send a photo of me on Katahdin. Stacy asked me too.

Back on the trail. 8mi over Saddleback mtn. Was hoping to make it to the shelter, but honestly, it was going to be super crowded. This campsite has place me nicely behind the pack.
I don't even want to write about the trail today. I only want to think about the Farmhouse. It was full of happy children. Which brings so much life to any home.
There was no separation between their family's home and the Inn. There were beds everywhere for hikers. Rooms for travelers. We watched movies. They cooked us great breakfasts. They had a shuttle into town (only 1.2mi). Trail pickup and dropoffs. And my personal favorites, chickens running around, and a small pet pig that would roll over so scratch it's tummy! Crazy cute right? They had laundry, showers, resupply, loaner cloths, and even a full hiker kitchen.
They even helped me find a place to hang my tent & other gear to dry!
For $30 a night, it was my favorite place to stay so far on this journey.

Oh, and on Wed night, the local ridge runner played banjo & old folk music from the region in a show at the public library.

Basically, Rangley kicked all sorts of ass. I left there rested, healed & happy!

3 more days hiking till Stratton.
Feel like I am slowly coming to peace with my hiking style: Slow. Happy. Pain Free.
Pain free being the key. No more racing. Simply live the moment. I will end up where I end.








No comments:

Post a Comment