Friday, September 4, 2015

I won't forget you.

12:15pm @ White MTN Cafe in Gorhan NH

300 miles to go! Apparently I have walked 442 miles so far. Good god damn!

Resupplies after this point look more difficult. Towns seem to all be 8-10mi off trail. Not possible with out a hitch. Meh. I'll figure it out. Just like every other situation.

Leaving the Whites is hard. These mountains impressed their beauty into me. Took my sweet time climbing them also. 7 or 8 days ? Was it less? I carried 4 days of food in, and had 1 day of food left on exit. The huts were amazing for feeding thru hikers. Most of the staff completed the AT. So there was a camaraderie.

Taking a nearo today & a zero tomorrow. Hurt my left knee yesterday climbing down the wildcats. Suffered an unusual amount of get-there-itus. Didn't feel it happening until it was too late. With luck, two days of healing will set me straight.

Saw a pine martin the other day. Cuter that even I imagined it would be.

Feel like I should write more, but I am not inspired. Just want to sit someplace quietly & listen.
The trail continues to be harder than I feared and better than I ever dared to hope.















No comments:

Post a Comment