Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Always want to be, right here.

7:10pm @ Full Goose Shelter
mi 281.3

Maine!
Techically I crossed over yesterday, but forgot to write about it till just now.

Southern ME is living up to it's reputation of being harder than the Whites. Went 4mi today (by design) and will try for 7 tomorrow.

Saw some sort of weird mountain chicken on top of Goose Eye Peak. The thing did not give a cluck that I was in it's space. Grabbed a photograph.

There was a section of the trail that was like being in the shoots & ladders game. I got to camp pretty early. So I washed my cloths and body. Tomorrow is going to be great!

So tired. Nice day. Looking forward to tomorrow. Oh, and tomorrow is Mahoosuk Notch! Very exciting!




















2 comments:

  1. That looks like a grouse, if I am not mistaken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is:) Didn't know that at the time. I enjoyed the black ones the best. They were fearless of humans!

    ReplyDelete